I’ve been writing lately on uncovering what you really want and the value in surrendering to your deepest desires. I also wrote about what might happen if we mustered the courage to really be ourselves — a strong, deep desire I encounter over and over in my work as a coach and leader of workshops and retreats.
This week, I’m keeping this newsletter short and sweet as I dip into a time of savoring summertime. So here are a few quick updates:
- Today we celebrate my middle son’s 12th birthday, complete with a three-layer cake made from scratch by my 15-year-old and a friend of the family who is here visiting for the week. On the menu, per our tradition of letting the birthday boy or girl choose dinner: Mac and cheese + bacon.
- My three boys return to school on August 14th, and while I’m mostly done with back-to-school shopping, there are meetings to attend and a few last items on the list (my kingdom for a school binder that doesn’t fall apart after three weeks!). My firstborn starts driver’s ed this semester. How did that happen?
- I just launched a beta version of a group coaching program, which kicked off on August 1st. The energy that this group brings to each session is something to behold: Vulnerability, raw honesty, humor, and fierce determination. I feel so lucky to do what I do! My plan is to shape this into a periodic or even ongoing offering, with some one-on-one coaching mixed with group sharing and growth. Email me if you’re interested in joining an ongoing program like this.
- My new blog series on how to suck at self-employment is off to a terrible start. At least that’s the plan. (In case you hadn’t guessed, it’s a tongue-in-cheek look at common mistakes and pitfalls of starting a solo biz.) If you’d like to do a guest post about this, or have a great story about your own experiences being bad at business, I’d love to hear from you.
- In other news, my friend Mike and I just released the first episode of a just-for-fun podcast called Serious Business. We are silly, hopeful, engaged, and at times irreverent, so if you’re into that sort of thing, you’ll definitely want to check it out. There are links to subscribe via iTunes over at that link.
- I’m hoping to launch the ‘Do What Lights You Up’ podcast this summer, too. I’ll have more info on that in the weeks to come. If you’d like to be a guest, please get in touch and we’ll talk about setting up an interview.
That’s all for now! To get in touch with me about anything covered here, or just to introduce yourself and say hi, email me or post a comment here on the blog. I’ll return to regular posting here in September.